Friday, December 9, 2011

Just $1

"I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." Mt. 25:40

As I mentioned in my first blog this adoption is estimated to cost $25,000-28,000! I have wrestled with God about this many nights already. Why does this have to cost so CRAZY much? I just want to take care of an orphan, His child, MY CHILD! It is discouraging at times to see this $25,000 hurdle in between me and my child. So, all we can do is take it $1 at a time.


Nate and I feel the Lord has given us an idea for our first fund raiser to bring our child home. We are going to start by asking everyone we know to donate just $1 (or more) and then for each of you to in turn ask 25 people you know to also donate just $1. We hope this fund raiser will help us meet our goal of $5000 by the end of January so we can begin the adoption process. I have made up a short flyer to give to everyone we talk to explaining who we are, what we are doing and how to contact us. I plan to mail/hand these out starting this week.


Please consider if you can donate just $1 at this time and what 25 people you could ask to also donate just $1. You can either give your donation directly to us or, thanks to a technical genius and kind friend of ours, you can donate right here on my blog by clicking on the donate button on the right hand side of the page. Thank you again for your support. We appreciate whatever you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment