Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Paper Pregnant

I am excited to say that I mailed our completed dossier on Monday! I asked the FedEx lady to take this photo of me with the package before she took it from me.....she looked at me like I was crazy...but it was so worth the awkward moment.

For me, this photo of me holding our dossier is like that very first sonogram you get when you first find out your pregnant. You know, the one that looks like a little bean. You don't know if your precious baby is a boy or girl, you can't see their face or really even tell that it is in fact a human being. This is a shot from Moses' baby book. He was only 7 weeks into existence here. Looking at this, I cannot believe he was ever this tiny!

Adoptive moms refer to the process of adopting as being "paper pregnant." I like this! It feels so right. Although I don't have morning sickness or a growing abdomen (I hope it does the opposite actually!) I am excitedly, nervously, happily, anxiously awaiting the day when I finally get to see my baby's face and hold him/her tightly in my arms. Just like I did while pregnant with Moses and Grace, I will purchase a baby book and put this photo in the spot for the first sonogram. We want this baby to know how much we want him/her and how excited we grow each step of the way!

1 comment: