Thursday, April 11, 2013

# 111

We are officially on the waiting list with our adoption agency in Ethiopia! We are family #111 this month. Each month we will receive an e-mail with our updated wait number. I don't really know what number I was expecting.....but 111 sounds good, I guess. At least it's not 1111! Our agency matched 5 children in Ethiopia to forever families last month but they say each month is different so there could be only 2 matches one month and then 12 the next. Also, the 110 families in front of us are not all waiting for an infant. Some may be waiting for a sibling group or special needs child so the reality is that we could get matched before some of the other families.

Right now, today, the wait is killing me.....

Our agency recently sent us the information about a new movie on adoption called Stuck. The trailer for the movie was more than I could bear because my heart longs to get these children un-stuck. Everything inside me wants to get on a plane TODAY and go get my child......whoever he/she is. But, instead we wait..................and pray, and hope, and pray, and hope, and pray that God will open doors and move on behalf of these orphans in their distress. Take a minute and watch the trailer.

Stuck Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment